May your activities, hobbies, and enterprises produce an overflow of happiness for you this week.
From my friend Monica, what a beautiful post.
Smile has no color, no religion, no nothing but changes our lives
It was one of those “Ah Ha” moments.
I’ve been bouncing around two other words for my “Word of the Year”.
Since Grace suited me so well last year, I didn’t want to leave the Word unstated for 2016.
Earlier this afternoon, I thought I’d look at my email. I got a request for an interview. I’ve been interviewing, and looking for the ‘right’ job since July. Nothing ever seemed to pan out. I trust my ‘creep-o-meter’ implicitly, and when I got passed over for a job before Thanksgiving, I was second guessing myself, and worried. Beating myself to a pulp for being too picky, waiting too long, not being self-confident, setting the bar “too-low”, being too proud.
See…I was all over the map!
Then I went to my office to clean off a pile of books on my desk, and this was in my reading pile.
I’ve been browsing through it, making notes, and seeing what resonated with me. Well, the whole book is great, but what really hit home when going through it, was changing my self perception so that I don’t project any negativity.
I don’t have to apologize for being direct, honest, fierce, or driven, those are all parts of me. I love them as much as the goofy, funny, dog-loving, bee keeper, nerd parts of me.
Pg 19 Every job I was denied for…opened the door to new opportunities. Every relationship that hurt me…led me to my true love. Every mistake I thought would be the end of me…pointed me toward an incredible success. Sometimes when you think your losing, you’re winning.
So my word for 2016 is Unapologetic. I will be genuine, and happy in my own skin.
I’m looking forward to the interview with a great expectation of Something Good is coming my way.
One of my favorite preachers was focusing on Mark 12:31, loving your neighbor as you love yourself…he stopped and posed something interesting. He said, “so if you don’t love yourself, your neighbor is in big trouble.”
Have you ever been challenged, questioned, queried on what you love?
Did you list yourself?
Do you think your neighbor would be better off if you loved yourself a little better?
Something that I’ve really struggled with. Love was always an outward projection, something for others, I would have never thought of listing my name on any list. A paradigm shift for sure.
My dearest buddy Rob from the VPub has nominated me for something fun!
He’s a great blogger, has wonderful music posted both original, and other artists. His blog is witty, entertaining, interactive, social, and I’m so happy I was introduced to him in this blogosphere.
For the Future Challenge the rules are as follows:
• Thank the bloggers who nominated you. Thank you, Rob!
• Link back to the challenge creator, Dreams and Movie Screens so she can track your progress.
• Share 5 things about your future (jobs, kids, marriage, travel etc). Then one day you can look back and find out how psychic you really are.
• Tag 5 bloggers and put them up to the challenge.
5 things about my future.
- My future is very bright, but uncertain right now for my profession. I’ve always worked, I like to work, and I will work again. I’m not sure if that will be as a bee keeper, honey producer, or as a check out clerk at the local grocery store. Who knows, I might start a serious blog for income?
- My husband and I are focused on where we will go after retirement, and we bought some land a couple hours from any City. We will raise bees, and see how that will impact us either as a hobby or a business.
- My children are grown, and I’m looking forward to grandkids someday. When we build our house in the country, it’s going to have a cool bunk room for the grand babies, a play area with rope swings, 4 wheelers to ride, pond to fish, and a place where the whole family can congregate together.
- Someday in the near future my husband and I want to travel to the Home Countries; The Czech Republic for him, Scotland/England for me. I really want to do the river boat cruises through Europe.
- In this transitional phase for me, I’m in between so much. I wrote a fellow blogger recently, that it’s like a very long slow curve I’m traveling around and I can’t see what’s around the bend. I’m not afraid that I don’t know. But distractions keep me from staying positive. My future is bright, and tomorrow I will wake up again in anticipation of ‘something good’ happening, because; Something Good is Going to Happen!
I’d love to open this challenge up to anyone who would like to participate.
As I take these seminars on Big Thinking, I’m really challenged with these things to push myself a little farther. My nose has been to the grind stone for so long. I’ve looked up and I’m over 50. Time to get dreaming about my future, don’t you think?
Thanks Rob for the nomination.