Today is one of those Blue Bird Days in S. Texas. The sun is bright, about 55 degrees, soft breeze, blue skies, and so enjoyable.
With Thanksgiving around the corner, and being a little nostalgic on this pre-Thanksgiving Sunday, I started thinking about my boys, and some of the things I’m so grateful for.
Little boys and sticks.
I have two of my own boys, who (when they were younger) inevitably found sticks where ever we were. They would have epic battles, glorious sword fights, and there would be noise, and dirt, and sweat, and grins, and grunts. I loved every minute. (no one lost an eye, or got more that a swat mark from these battles.)
My 4 legged boy is no different. If it isn’t a ball or frisbee, he finds a stick and wants to play.
If I don’t play immediately, the little booger will hit me in the leg with his stick until I do. His name is Rascal, and he is the pure embodiment of the term.
What is it with boys and sticks? I love boys. They are so wonderful.
I’m a grateful mom of two wonderful human sons, and one canine little boy.
My dearest buddy Rob from the VPub has nominated me for something fun!
He’s a great blogger, has wonderful music posted both original, and other artists. His blog is witty, entertaining, interactive, social, and I’m so happy I was introduced to him in this blogosphere.
For the Future Challenge the rules are as follows:
• Thank the bloggers who nominated you. Thank you, Rob!
• Link back to the challenge creator, Dreams and Movie Screens so she can track your progress.
• Share 5 things about your future (jobs, kids, marriage, travel etc). Then one day you can look back and find out how psychic you really are.
• Tag 5 bloggers and put them up to the challenge.
5 things about my future.
- My future is very bright, but uncertain right now for my profession. I’ve always worked, I like to work, and I will work again. I’m not sure if that will be as a bee keeper, honey producer, or as a check out clerk at the local grocery store. Who knows, I might start a serious blog for income?
- My husband and I are focused on where we will go after retirement, and we bought some land a couple hours from any City. We will raise bees, and see how that will impact us either as a hobby or a business.
- My children are grown, and I’m looking forward to grandkids someday. When we build our house in the country, it’s going to have a cool bunk room for the grand babies, a play area with rope swings, 4 wheelers to ride, pond to fish, and a place where the whole family can congregate together.
- Someday in the near future my husband and I want to travel to the Home Countries; The Czech Republic for him, Scotland/England for me. I really want to do the river boat cruises through Europe.
- In this transitional phase for me, I’m in between so much. I wrote a fellow blogger recently, that it’s like a very long slow curve I’m traveling around and I can’t see what’s around the bend. I’m not afraid that I don’t know. But distractions keep me from staying positive. My future is bright, and tomorrow I will wake up again in anticipation of ‘something good’ happening, because; Something Good is Going to Happen!
I’d love to open this challenge up to anyone who would like to participate.
Specifically: Marla, AKA Crazy Mom at Just Make the Coffee, Lorrie Bowden, Lucy at All Right Choices, and Christy Life As Christy.
As I take these seminars on Big Thinking, I’m really challenged with these things to push myself a little farther. My nose has been to the grind stone for so long. I’ve looked up and I’m over 50. Time to get dreaming about my future, don’t you think?
Thanks Rob for the nomination.