Today has been tough. Mentally, emotionally more than anything else.
I’ve made the executive decision to unplug the regularly televised, and transmitted news. I can’t take it anymore.
In the quiet, I’ve fought the urge to read the Internet news sites reasonably successfully.
But the weight of the hate has me blue and moody….almost fearful.
As an exersize, I’m taking a few minutes to be grateful.
1. I woke up this morning, but going to heaven would be a pretty fantastic choice given today’s world.
2. I’m sore from yesterday’s Zumba class, and that makes me happy. Sore means progress and change.
3. My sweet puppy dogs have been excellent to me today. All fun, wagging tails, and pure doggy love.
4. I got an invite to a party on Tuesday, and it sounds fun.
5. There is plenty of beer in the fridge. Beer is good when the heat index is 109 and TS Earl is on the radar. Oh Earl…what can we expect from you?
6. I had the energy to clean the bathrooms, dust, and do laundry.
7. My washing machine and dryer work great for being so old. (Thinking of you Rob, and the fluffy towels.)
8. My creative juices are bubbling under the surface, and I’m going to branch out in soap again.
9. I have a tiara. It’s awesome. Putting it on, and getting dressed up just might happen.
10. There were some awesome blog posts today that made me smile. Great photos, fun tidbits, and movie lists. Thanks blogging buddies for sharing your talent, poetry, photography, short stories, and funny quotes.